Sunday, April 24, 2011

A week of sacrifices and stomach aches

Holy Week 2011 is probably the best vacay I had in 15 years, well it's because of macky and smarty who were with me the whole week, (Incase you didn't know, I named my macbook macky and my smart bro smarty LMAO.) As usual, I spent my holy week in Bohol because of family obligations and traditions. My first blog entry was about holy week 2010, (happy anniversary bloggy HAHA), the only difference is that my sister, nephew and nanny were with us already. So lemme post some pics here for you to enjoy! ^_^
DAY 1 (Lunesanto)

Lite shipping's management sucks (I hope I won't get sued for this), we arrived at pier 1 at 7:15 am and they told us the ship broke down so they had to make some adjustments and asked us to go to Oano Wharf in Mandaue. We were pissed because we only had 30 minutes left to spare. Good thing we arrived there on time, to make it worse, the ship they sent us to didn't even have tourist decks. (ARTE much? =])

The pic above is an example of me being an advocate of cleanliness (ironically.) I started doing this last 3 years ago after watching "message in a bottle." I had to write something, especially what happened a fortnight ago. I do hope someone reads the letter, I even wrote down my own number incase someone does.


We stayed at my Aunt Marie's crib. There were no net connections that day because I was nowhere near civilization.

Day 2 (I can't remember the exact term in Bisaya for Tuesday)

We had grocery shopping at Island City Mall because we ought to stay at my Great grandma's house.


He's such a cutie right? That's my nephew Nathan Joe Tyrel, I love him so much, that's why I gave my fave cap to him (the one he's wearing on the pic.)


That's my Great Grandma's house. It's one of the oldest houses in Panglao, or even the entire Bohol province. Everything inside that huge house is already 80 years old.

Day 3 (Myerkulesanto)


The food there was OH SO YUMMY. Home made cook is the best, we had sikwate, puto,bud bud for breakfast. Imma post all the images my ate took of the food we had there.


That's Sta. Cleofe. She was given by the Spaniards who colonized the country to my great great great and to the nth time grandma decades ago. I'm the next one who'll carry on the tradition (I think), she's probably even worth a hundred gran because she's already antique. My grandma told my mom to take care of this saint because it's her price possession. Well, not exactly my mom, but to her siblings as well, but they all went to the states already and my mom was left here in the Philippines to continue the tradition. My cousins definitely don't have the time to visit the Philippines, so it's ME and probably my sister(if she'll pass the board exams, and will go to the states as well, then I'm all alone) who'll continue this.


And that's me helping Nanay and Ate Bing. (I never knew I could be so helpful HAHA)


That's me again, helping in the town's procession.


St. Veronica


St. Magdalene


St. Salume


St. John


Jesus


Jesus


Mother Mary


Jesus


St. Peter


I had eczema during that day, it was UBER itchy. It just ruined my mood for 2 straight days.

Dat 4 (Huwebessanto)

Nothing special that day, we went to ICM again to buy some stuff. My mom bought me a no fear sling bag, dad bought me a bag for macky also. We were supposed to go to church, but my dad didn't want to. I'm so sleepy already here at Coffee Bean, I need to finish this coz I still have 4 chapters to study for tomorrow's exam =\.

Day 5 (Byernesanto)


Bold

People in Bohol are so religious. There were about 7-8 thousand devotees in St. Agustine Parish Church.


The procession during Byernesanto was like a death march. Lucky me I survived a 2.5 kilometer procession. I had asthma right after it.


Day 6 (Sabado de Gloria)


Of course, a vacation wouldn't be fun if you won't spend it in a resort or somewhere relaxing. We went to my Aunt Auring's crib, my favorite part of the week because of the POOL.



Aunt's crib is a paradise. The land area there is over 2,300 + sq. meters. If you wanna check out the entire house, go to my fb page.


We had lunch there and food was all over the place. Right after, we went back to Panglao to watch 'sugat'.






The sugat there is very interesting also. I've heard rumors that the best place to watch for a SUGAT is in Minglanilia, I'm pretty sure they haven't seen Panglao's SUGAT yet. I was hit by a motorcycle during that night because the driver was drunk. I almost died, good thing I quickly moved away otherwise I might've lost my left knee. I still want to post the food pics my ate took but I'm seriously sleepy already. ~_~

No comments:

Post a Comment